Day 17 – Favorite quote from your favorite book



"I would die for you. But I wouldn't live for you... I think the idea is that every person has to live for his or her own life and then make the choice to share it with other people" 

- Charlie, 
from Perks of Being A Wallflower by Stephen Chbosky 

Perks of Being A Wallflower is just one of my favorite books (how can you ask me to pick just one? *expression of agony*). This is one of the quotes that I have written down and often revisit when relationships in life become complicated. Not just with the significant other, in general. 
Sometimes its so hard to remember that the end of the day you are a product of the choices you made. The people around you are the ones you chose to have and if they are making you unhappy then un-choose them. Of course this is easier said than done. 

But you see, you got to remember to live for yourself, and then also remind yourself that your making a choice to share this life of yours with someone. Look out for the beauty in this rather than focus on the uglies and the deep wounds and the sorrow and the frustration all the time. 

So often people forget this...

Oh dear! This is such a sentimental post, but you see how much this quote means to me? 

13573503




Comments

Popular Posts